Big Stone Gap – VA


Originally known as “Three Forks” and later as “Mineral City”, Big Stone Gap had its final name change in 1888. This mining town of approximately 6,000 people is also home to the Southwest Virginia Museum and the Harry W. Meador Coal Museum.

<< Back to Images List


State: Virginia
County: Wise
Latitude: 36° 52′ 2″
Longitude: -82° 46′ 30″
Links: